One Week After Vanco

After relapsing with c diff I found a GI doctor who decided that it would be better to change my 10 day vanco to a 14 day vanco treatment. Currently I am one week off of the antibiotics, and hopeful that I have won the war. But I have the fear in my head every second of every day. Any stomach twinge, or feeling of being unwell has me on edge. My body doesn't feel 100% cured, but I am taking things one day at a time.

I have been drinking my homemade kefir three times a day, along with taking one Florastor pill twice a day, once in the morning, and once at night. I have also been taking a Theralac probiotic at lunch, and Culturelle probiotic after dinner. I feel like I am currently doing everything in my power to kick this horrible bacteria, and can't wait to close the c diff chapter of my life!


Comments