Challenge on a challenge

am on day five of recovering from c-diff, my food choices still are not up to my standards. I know I have to feed my body nutritious things to heal, but I currently don't know what will help, and what will harm me. When my c-diff illness began, I only was able to eat what I felt would stay inside my system, and what wouldn't repulse me. Which pretty much consisted of white toast and white crackers. A few days later I was getting weaker but was able to add bananas and bone broth to my diet. Once I learned I had c-diff and needed to fight it with antibiotics and probiotics. Along with pill form probiotics, I also added food based probiotics. My first choice was sauerkraut that were made the most natural way, and had healthy probiotics in them. My next choice has been store bought kefir. So far my body seems willing to allow these foods into my rotation of foods, along with sweet potatoes, sliced turkey and sour dough bread. With my recent drive for health, I have decided I want to start making my own kefir. After much searching, and reading the possibilities of health with consuming it, I am all in. I found some kefir grains, and have them currently making their way through the mail. 

I miss having a variety in my meals, and know I need to find other foods with more nutritional value. So today I tried to eat one of my old staple snacks. Chocolate Peanutbutter Oats, but I have learned that my beloved oats may have to stay on the back burner a while longer. After causing stomach distress and pain today, it will take a long time to try them again. At least I hope that is the reason my body became all angry with me today. I am terrified of relapsing from c-diff, but will currently look at this stomach problem as a set back and not a relapse!

 I am finding in my recovery that it may take way longer than I want to get my diet back to normal. I feel I have the challenge of fixing my body, while I am also being challenged to learn what foods my damaged intestines will allow. But all I can do is continue on with this c-diff battle, and hope that tomorrow is better than today. All while looking into the secret healing foods that Mother Nature has given us. Time to play on!


Comments