C-Diff Relapse

Unfortunately my stomach issues with oats turned out not to be the oats fault. I ended up relapsing with c-diff. Even thought I know it wasn't their fault, I still haven't tried to eat oats again, it may be a very long time before I decide to eat them again. But I am now fighting my way back out of the pit of this terrible bacteria. I am currently on day four of a ten day vancomycin plan. Many stories I have read says that a vanco pulse treatment is the best, but I am currently working with my primary care doctor to help me fight this battle. I question if the ten day plan is the best treatment for me, but I have voiced that concern to a nurse today when she called to check how I was doing. It would be great to have a professional that has helped others through this before, but that's currently not where I am. I have to find faith that my doctor knows what she is doing, or will send me off to a GI if she feels she is over her head with my case. So now it is time to wait to see what happens.

I started making my homemade kefir a few days ago. The instructions advised to throw the first batch out, which I did. I kept the second batch, but it tasted very yeasty. The third batch that I took out this morning was still pretty yeasty, but the true sour flavor was beginning to shine through. I have been reading everything I can on how to make a great batch of kefir. I am sure I will soon get a perfect batch, it will just take some trial and error. But I am excited by all the benefits, and have read about what all bacteria in homemade kefir can do. I keep my fingers crossed that the healthy little fellows will become brave soldiers that can fight a natural fight against the c diff army! I imagine every time I take a drink of kefir that my intestines are beginning to be lined with perfect soldiers dressed in green, with long zappers they can use to destroy the yellow blobs of c-diff.

Now I am getting mother natures bacteria to help me fight, I am feeling more confident that one day soon I will be through with this chapter of c-diff. Let's play on mother nature!

Comments